Re: Installing oracle 9i and oracle 10g in one solaris 10 server

From: Michael Austin <maustin_at_firstdbasource.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2008 17:29:24 -0500

Palooka wrote:
> Ed wrote:

>> Hi All,
>>
>> Is it possible to install oracle 9i and oracle 10g in one solaris 10
>> server?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Ed

> Shouldn't be a problem at all. I'd be inclined to install both as
> oracle; 9i first then 10g - into a different ORACLE_HOME (of course).
>
> Palooka

You can install them in any order. UNIX is not Windows. ;) I will state that with the recent patch bundles from SUN on Solaris 10, we are having more and more issues getting 9i base to even install. At this time, 9i installer is so far out of sync with security patches in Solaris 10, that it may or may not work. In which case, you are hosed. (We have created clones on earlier Solaris 10 boxes and just lay those down using the clone feature). I am no longer in that install group, so I no longer have access to those scripts. Received on Sun Jul 27 2008 - 17:29:24 CDT

Original text of this message