Re: Installing oracle 9i and oracle 10g in one solaris 10 server

From: hpuxrac <>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2008 13:57:26 -0700 (PDT)

On Jul 26, 2:28 pm, Ed <> wrote:
> Hi All,
> Is it possible to install oracle 9i and oracle 10g in one solaris 10
> server?
> Thanks
> Ed

You install them into separate oracle homes. Do the 9i first and patch then 10g and patch is simplest.

You should double check 9i I "think" it is supported by oracle for solaris 10. The installer might get a little weird worry about os patches and pre-reqs not sure. The 10g install is pretty clean.

You can do both installs using the "same" oracle user and group definitions or you could fudge them differently but I wouldn't do that unless there was a strong reason for it. Received on Sat Jul 26 2008 - 15:57:26 CDT

Original text of this message