Re: Oracle RDBMS test

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2008 05:41:33 -0700 (PDT)

On Jul 26, 3:22 am, Dennis Yurichev <Dennis.Yuric..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi.
> I'm looking for any publically available SQL code set, which cover as
> many Oracle RDBMS (10g or 11g) features as possible: SQL, PL/SQL, etc.
> Probably, good developer can build this using Oracle RDBMS manuals,
> but it is hard work.
> It is like software test cases or test scripts, but I'm looking not
> for original test cases, but something which can be used as source for
> it.
> In other words, I would like to build Oracle test cases. What can I
> use for this task?

I am not 100% sure of what you are looking for but many of Jonathan Lewis's and Tom Kyte's published articles contain test cases and example code just as their books are cramed full of code segments. There are many other online articles, newsgroup posts, and forum entries filled with example and suggestions on setting up tests.

If you want to build a set of feature tests you can use the New Features Guides to get a list of topics then research the topics writing test/example code as you go. The Oracle Press New Features books could also be used or the OCP Upgrade Test Guides as a source.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Sat Jul 26 2008 - 07:41:33 CDT

Original text of this message