Install patch BEFORE creating databases

From: Michael Schmarck <>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 11:50:17 +0200

On a Solaris 10 Sparc 64bit system, I did a "software only" install of Oracle Now I'd like patch it to But how do I do that?

I ran "runInstaller" from the patch and pointed it to the directory where I installed the Oracle software. But then I get an error message telling me, that there already is such a directory. And if I specify some empty directory, OUI tells me, that there's nothing to patch in this directory.

Is it possible to install the patch if there's no database yet available?

Thanks a lot,

Michael Received on Fri Jul 25 2008 - 04:50:17 CDT

Original text of this message