Re: Oracle Financials Install

From: Shakespeare <>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 11:04:26 +0200

"DA Morgan" <> schreef in bericht
> newbie wrote:
>> Guys,
>> I need help with a Oracle E-Business install on a test system (Windows
>> Vista) on my PC at home..
>> This is basically a test system for learning purposes only.....
>> I hope that someone out there in Cyberspace is willing to help and
>> guide me through this process....
>> Thanks in Advance.....
> Get yourself a 500GB drive.
> Download the equivalent of a dozen or so DVDs.
> The instructions for creating the staging are here:
> After that just run RapidWiz. <g>
> cd /mnt/r11/Stage//rapidwiz/
> ./rapidwiz
> --
> Daniel A. Morgan
> Oracle Ace Director & Instructor
> University of Washington
> (replace x with u to respond)
> Puget Sound Oracle Users Group

And be advised not to use a USB drive for the destination, for it will take AGES to install. If you would want to use an external drive, use e-sata. And don't put your staging tree on the same drive as your installation.

Shakespeare Received on Thu Jul 24 2008 - 04:04:26 CDT

Original text of this message