windows service didn't launch db

From: <igeg_at_severstal.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 01:38:48 -0700 (PDT)

os : windows 2003 server
oracle 10.1.0.5

I closed db by stopping windows service.In 15 minutes I started the service.However db did not started(autostart in registry - TRUE).Oradim.log shows
... oradim.exe -startup -sid orauma -usrpwd * -log oradim.log -
nocheck 0
... ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied
Well,I regenerated password file with orapwd and after restart of service, db started OK.
After that I compared old and new password files (with fc).They appeared identical.
old pasword file was modified ~ 3 months ago.Db restart was ~ 2 months ago apparently with no problems.
I have no possibility now to experiment with restarting db now.Not successful in repeat this error in similar environment.

I found Bug 4598734 but the symptoms are not exactly the same and patch 5 must have been corrected the problem.

I appreciate any help Received on Thu Jul 24 2008 - 03:38:48 CDT

Original text of this message