Re: MSACCESS hangs
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 08:25:29 -0700
> Server -- AIX 5.3 TL06 SP03, Oracle 10.2.0.1 EE
> Client -- Windows XP, MS Access 2003 using Oracle's ODBC driver
> Hey all, have a user having a problem now trying to get a listing of
> tables via 'link tables' operation MS Access, this is after the login
> dialog. I can see the session connect and stays active until I
> eventually have to kill the session. Looking at the sql it's running:
> SELECT count(*)
> FROM user$ u, xdb.xdb$schema s
> WHERE u.user# = :1
> AND u.name = s.xmldata.schema_owner
> AND xdb.xdb$extname2intname(s.xmldata.schema_url,
> s.xmldata.schema_owner) = :2
> Anyone have any ideas, besides upgrading? I have updated dictionary
> stats, System stats are set and have not changed.
A lot of thoughts:
- Apply patches. You haven't patched your database in years.
- Check for an upgraded ODBC driver.
- Stop using MS Access as a front-end. It is insecure junk.
- Reconsider the advisability of accessing catalog tables the way you are.
- Run your query as an Explain Plan. Produce output with DBMS_XPLAN. And post it if there is something you don't understand. -- Daniel A. Morgan Oracle Ace Director & Instructor University of Washington damorgan_at_x.washington.edu (replace x with u to respond) Puget Sound Oracle Users Group www.psoug.org