MSACCESS hangs

From: Pete's <empete2000_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 07:37:07 -0700 (PDT)

Server -- AIX 5.3 TL06 SP03, Oracle 10.2.0.1 EE Client -- Windows XP, MS Access 2003 using Oracle's ODBC driver

Hey all, have a user having a problem now trying to get a listing of tables via 'link tables' operation MS Access, this is after the login dialog. I can see the session connect and stays active until I eventually have to kill the session. Looking at the sql it's running:

SELECT count(*)

    FROM user$ u, xdb.xdb$schema s
    WHERE u.user# = :1

      AND u.name = s.xmldata.schema_owner
      AND xdb.xdb$extname2intname(s.xmldata.schema_url,
s.xmldata.schema_owner) = :2

Anyone have any ideas, besides upgrading? I have updated dictionary stats, System stats are set and have not changed.

TIA,
Pete's Received on Wed Jul 23 2008 - 09:37:07 CDT

Original text of this message