procedure submitted to dbms_job - implicit commit?

From: steph <>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 07:13:46 -0700 (PDT)

Hi group,

I'm just wondering - and I tried to look it up in the documentation:

When I submit a dbms_job calling a pl/sql-procedure and this procedure does some data-changes - is it for sure that this changes are commited? (There is no commit in the procedure.)

I've tried with a little test-case and the job's changes seem to be commited - but I'm not sure if this is standard behaviour. Is it possible to submit a job that does no implicit commit?

Oh, my version of Oracle is 10g - but I assume my question is general and not version-dependent ... Received on Tue Jul 22 2008 - 09:13:46 CDT

Original text of this message