Re: Migrating an Application from SQL Server 2000 to Oracle 10g

From: Shakespeare <whatsin_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 20:56:01 +0200

"Michael Austin" <maustin_at_firstdbasource.com> schreef in bericht news:bIygk.33467$ZE5.10372_at_nlpi061.nbdc.sbc.com...

> One thing I ran into is having to create sequences and triggers for all of
> those "auto-increment" data types in SQLServer and MySQL that a lot of
> people like to use for the PK... (which IMO is a complete waste of compute
> time if the data can be a self-unique PK - but that is just me)

That's a discussion about meaningles and meaningful (primary) keys - imho, data should never be the key itself.

Shakespeare Received on Mon Jul 21 2008 - 13:56:01 CDT

Original text of this message