Re: Oracle reports end query

From: Malcolm Dew-Jones <yf110_at_vtn1.victoria.tc.ca>
Date: 21 Jul 2008 11:11:44 -0800

bang123 (vasuadiga_at_gmail.com) wrote:
: Hi,

: We are migrating from Oracle 6i to Crystal Reports. Oracle reports
: were built using Oracle 6i Data Wizard and Query Builder. How can we
: see the end query (final query including joins for links) that is
: being executed by Oracle Reports? Oracle Reports 'trace' shows only
: parts of queries being executed, but not the entire query.

: Thanks

It might not be running an "end query". Reports can loop over a query getting one row at a time, and in between getting each row of that query it might run another query based on all the conditions set up in the report. The second query may or may not have any obvious connection to the first query.

In report builder you should be able to see all the details in one of the windows (I cant check the names right now). Received on Mon Jul 21 2008 - 14:11:44 CDT

Original text of this message