Re: Patching Oracle

From: <kybyrd_at_mail.med.upenn.edu>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 09:11:21 -0700 (PDT)

On Jul 18, 10:44 am, Mtek <m..._at_mtekusa.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Our company is running Oracle 10g 10.2.0.1.0.   We want to and need to
> upgrade to the latest patch.  We logged onto Metalink and in the
> Simple search used these parameters:
>
> - Oracle Database Family
> - 10.1.0.2
> - Any
> - Any
> - Red Hat Enterprice Linux Server x86-64
>
> It gave us 26 patches to install.  We're not sure how to find the
> latest patch for our version of Oracle.  Do we need to install those
> 26 patches, or is there 1 patch that will upgrade us to the latest
> patch?
>
> How can we find it?  Where on Metalink can we find it?
>
> Thanks!
>
> John

John, click on the "Patches & Updates" tab, click on "Quick Links to the latest Patchsets...",
click on "Oracle Databases", scan the display of OS platforms for "Linux x86-64" and
click on "10.2.0.4". Or you can go directly to the upgrade patch by clicking on "Simple search"
and specifying patch # 6810189 for 10.2.0.4 which is the latest for oracle10g.

Be aware that there are major changes with this upgrade so you should look
at new feature docs before you do your upgrade. Received on Fri Jul 18 2008 - 11:11:21 CDT

Original text of this message