Re: Migrating an Application from SQL Server 2000 to Oracle 10g

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 11:01:44 -0700

joel garry wrote:
> Apologies to Daniel, I didn't happen to think of it. It reminds me of
> so much I don't know yet... Dan, I didn't notice autonomous
> transactions, I thought that might be relevant to the last line
> regarding triggers. Unless autonomous transactions have become too
> much of an embarassment :-)

No apologies necessary. The only person on the planet that thinks the site is some kind of promotion has the initials JH.

I didn't include any pragmas on the page as they don't seem to map to anything SQL Server.

I just completed a review of a massive amount of SQL Server 2008 docs and have an installed copy of the product that I am using to create a similar mapping page for the newest version. But, again, I see nothing like autonomous transactions, exception_init, serially reusable, or inline in the product.

The SQL Server capability Microsoft is claiming might be relevant is their instead-of triggers and I will be investigating that when the conference out here is over.

It has been a very difficult week as you might imagine. Dinner with Cary Millsap. Dinner with Richard Foote. Dinner with Hans Forbrich. Dinner with Kyle Hailey. And now Tom Kyte is here too. The demands on my time .... <g>

--
Daniel A. Morgan
Oracle Ace Director & Instructor