Re: user groups in b.c.

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 09:05:04 -0700

rgvguplb wrote:
> hi
>
> i was looking around for oracle user groups in vancouver, b.c. but
> there doesn't seem to be one...
> there's one in victoria, but i'm curious if there are any other groups
> nearby.
>
> as well, i would like to be able to sneak out of the office once in a
> while and go to some events ... i just haven't got much of a clue as
> to where to look .... i don't mind driving a couple of hours if it's
> educational...
>
> thanks

A number of us have been trying to get one going for years.

If you can make it down to the Oracle conference in Seattle Thursday and Friday of this week (www.oracledays.com) look me up and I will put you in contact with others from your area. If you can't then contact me off-line.

I know both our group in Washington and the Victoria group would be very supportive of any efforts to create one up there.

This group exists: http://bcoaug.oaug.org/index.html but I don't know how active they are these days and they are strictly apps ... not database.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
Oracle Ace Director & Instructor