Re: user groups in b.c.

From: DA Morgan <>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 09:05:04 -0700

rgvguplb wrote:
> hi
> i was looking around for oracle user groups in vancouver, b.c. but
> there doesn't seem to be one...
> there's one in victoria, but i'm curious if there are any other groups
> nearby.
> as well, i would like to be able to sneak out of the office once in a
> while and go to some events ... i just haven't got much of a clue as
> to where to look .... i don't mind driving a couple of hours if it's
> educational...
> thanks

A number of us have been trying to get one going for years.

If you can make it down to the Oracle conference in Seattle Thursday and Friday of this week ( look me up and I will put you in contact with others from your area. If you can't then contact me off-line.

I know both our group in Washington and the Victoria group would be very supportive of any efforts to create one up there.

This group exists: but I don't know how active they are these days and they are strictly apps ... not database.

Daniel A. Morgan
Oracle Ace Director & Instructor
Puget Sound Oracle Users Group