lag and update

From: steph <>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 08:30:53 -0700 (PDT)

hello group,

i've got this table "z" with following attributes:

dat ... date value, not necessarily consecutive k ... some numeric value

the first 3 columns are filled, k_vt shall be filled with value of k of the previous day.

I can't do it like this because of ora-30483:

update t
set k_vt=lag(k,1,null) over (partition by id order by id,dat)

This also does not work, as the subselect understandably always returns NULL

update z z1

   set k_vt=
select lag(k,1,null) over (partition by id order by id,dat)   from z z2
   and z1.dat=z2.dat

I'm thinking about using some sort of staging table to solve this - or how could i do this within one update statement?

stephan Received on Wed Jul 16 2008 - 10:30:53 CDT

Original text of this message