Re: Union question

From: <amerar_at_iwc.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 05:52:13 -0700 (PDT)

On Jul 15, 4:41 pm, sybra..._at_hccnet.nl wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 10:06:31 -0700 (PDT), "ame..._at_iwc.net"
>
> <ame..._at_iwc.net> wrote:
>
> >Hi,
>
> >We have this HUGE query.  It is dynamically built, so it will be
> >different each time.  The problem is, we need to order each query, not
> >the entire UNION.   So, each select needs to have it's own order by.
>
> >Can this be done in any way??
>
> Just repost the same crap as you don't get the responses which suit
> you, eh?
> Did you actually read the responses you got so far at all? Or do you
> simply already 'know' how to resolve it? In that case, why post a
> question?
> So, reading your previous insults in my direction, who is the butthead
> and the jackass?
> It appears it is NOT me. It appears you are simply an incompetent
> arrogant little twit. Oh well.
>
> PLOINK!!!
>
> --
>
> Sybrand Bakker
> Senior Oracle DBA

A typical comment from someone who really thinks that they are better than anyone else.

I'd understand if I want the only one who you gave this attitude towards. But I've seen you reply to others with the same disrespectful asshole like attitude, indicating that you were probably sexually abused by your father as a child and can no longer function as a part of the human race.

Now, given that an entire union is ordered, I'm just looking for a way to union these queries, but have each query retain it's own sort order. If this really cannot be done, then perhaps I can add all the results to a collection, as long as I can pass that back to a PHP script and read it properly from PHP. I'll have to look into that. Received on Wed Jul 16 2008 - 07:52:13 CDT

Original text of this message