Re: ORA-01092: ORACLE instance terminated. Disconnection forced

From: Maxim Demenko <mdemenko_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 21:12:36 +0200

chris schrieb:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm a newbie in oracle & try to change undo_management=AUTO to
> MANUAL. I know that Oracle recommends AUTO, but I just want to test
> the procedure to change. Below are the steps that I follow & it's
> fails to startup DB. By looking at the log file, I know that missing
> the rollback01 segment is the rootcause, but I don't understand why. I
> had it created fine.... Could someone please help me to solve it?
> Any suggestions/hints are appreciated.
>
> TIA,
> -Chris

At the first look, it appears, your rollback segment is actually created as "rollback01", so the segment "ROLLBACK01" which is defined in the parameter file can't be found - because it doesn't exist. You are surely aware, that taking an lowercase identifier into double quotes preserve the case, so to avoid surprises, it seems to be good practice to use only uppercase identifier for database objects...

Best regards

Maxim Received on Tue Jul 15 2008 - 14:12:36 CDT

Original text of this message