Small scale - programmer driven - schema object/data restore

From: northof40 <shearichard_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 18:59:53 -0700 (PDT)

Hi - We have a small Oracle server used by three programmers. We would like programmer working on Schema A to be able to backup the schema (at T1) and subsequently (at T2) restore it for the purposes of testing etc.

We would also like on customer sites when applying schema changes via DDL to backup the structure of the affected schema before making the changes.

We assumed both of these would be possible via exp (with ROWS=Y) and imp (with IGNORE=Y, DESTROY=Y) but we find, on restore, we still have the data inserted between T1 and T2.

As background - I know we could at least do the programmer thing by using RMAN but we'd rather not give the programmers access to that if we could avoid it; more background the data volumes are tiny.

Can anyone explain what's going wrong ?

thanks

R. Received on Mon Jul 14 2008 - 20:59:53 CDT

Original text of this message