Re: impdp very very long ...

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 10:43:51 -0700 (PDT)

On Jul 14, 9:54 am, "Giganews" <chapk..._at_hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hello all
> I am the happy heir of a server running Red Hat Enterprise 3 with Oracle
> 10.2g. This server is used for integration purposes. Every night, the prod
> db is exported to a dump file using expdp, and then we use impdp to import
> the schemas, one after the other. The export (5GB) is done in about 30
> minutes, the import takes about 7-8 hours ! There are very few people using
> this server/this db, the machine is not overloaded at all. I tried to import
> on Sunday, when really nobody works on it, same behaviour. It would be nice
> if somebody could give me some advice where to start searching. Of course I
> already rebooted the server, no change.
> pher

There are several bugs, depending on which features you are using. search metalink.oracle.com, see the faq Note:556636.1, don't calculate statistics as part of the import.

In the future, remember to post your exact version (ie, 10.2.0.4), in case someone happens to know about a particular issue.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
http://catless.ncl.ac.uk/Risks/25.22.html#subj2