From: Chuck <chuckh1958_nospam_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 17:38:18 GMT

Been looking for documentation to answer this question but haven't found any so I thought I'd ask here.

Suppose you have two sets of file name conversion strings in db_file_name_convert for a database that you're cloning. What happens if the file name in the target db (source db) actually matches *both* of the conversion string pairs? For example the conversion strings are

And one of the files in the target (source db) is named.

Which file will be restored to the auxiliary db?

(1) /fs2/targetdb/somefile
(2) /fs3/targetdb/somefile

IOW will it find the first match, or the most unique match? Received on Mon Jul 14 2008 - 12:38:18 CDT

Original text of this message