db_file_name_convert

From: Chuck <chuckh1958_nospam_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 17:38:18 GMT

Been looking for documentation to answer this question but haven't found any so I thought I'd ask here.

Suppose you have two sets of file name conversion strings in db_file_name_convert for a database that you're cloning. What happens if the file name in the target db (source db) actually matches *both* of the conversion string pairs? For example the conversion strings are

'/fs1/sourcedb','/fs2/targetdb','/fs1/sourcedb/somefile','/fs3/targetdb/somefile'

And one of the files in the target (source db) is named.

/fs1/sourcedb/somefile

Which file will be restored to the auxiliary db?

(1) /fs2/targetdb/somefile
(2) /fs3/targetdb/somefile

IOW will it find the first match, or the most unique match? Received on Mon Jul 14 2008 - 12:38:18 CDT

Original text of this message