populating a date field with random dates

From: GS <GS_at_GS.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 21:55:07 GMT

I have a table that is populated with data for the month of June, I need to add roughly an equal number of rows to the table, but with the dates in the month of May.

I can do an insert into table_a select
field1,field2..date_field-30..field6 from table_a and that works ok, but I'd sooner be able to copy all of the existing rows from June into the table with random dates between the first and last days of May.

Is this easily doable? I did something similar (but not with dates) some time back, but I forget which function I used and can't find the sql scripts I used.

thanks Received on Thu Jul 10 2008 - 16:55:07 CDT

Original text of this message