Oracle with Crystal Reports 11.5.3

From: Jer <jer006_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2008 10:27:30 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,
I am trying to develop a report to call an oracle stored procedure contained within a package and am having major trouble in that crystal cannot seem to determine the output ref cursor at all... I think I have tried just about everything!!!

Here is my code:

Package spec:
CREATE OR REPLACE PACKAGE p_TradeReport_NEW AS

        TYPE group_trade_list IS REF CURSOR RETURN V_GROUP_TRADES%ROWTYPE;

	PROCEDURE sp_getGroupTrades

(
rpt_cursor IN OUT group_trade_list, in_StartDate IN DATE, in_EndDate IN DATE, in_ParentAccountCode IN VARCHAR );

END p_TradeReport_NEW;

Package Body:
CREATE OR REPLACE PACKAGE BODY p_Tradereport_NEW AS

	PROCEDURE sp_getGroupTrades

(
rpt_cursor IN OUT group_trade_list, in_StartDate IN DATE, in_EndDate IN DATE, in_ParentAccountCode IN VARCHAR ) AS BEGIN OPEN rpt_cursor FOR SELECT trade_date, parent_acct_cd, trans_type, exec_qty, cusip, sec_name, settle_date, coupon_rate, s_p, moody, MATURE_DATE, exec_price, yield_to_mature, exec_amt, duration, spread_duration, limit_price, sec_typ_cd FROM V_GROUP_TRADES WHERE parent_acct_cd = in_ParentAccountCode AND trade_date BETWEEN in_StartDate AND in_EndDate; END sp_getGroupTrades;

END p_Tradereport_NEW;

The problem is when I connect to the database via Crystal I use the MSDAORA (Oracle OLE DB) provider, after connecting I am able to select my procedure and get its resultset however I am not able to do anything with the results at all. Also when I have Crystal "Verify the database" it tells me that the database table "P_TRADEREPORT_NEW.SP_GETGROUPTRADES" cannot be found and proceeds to remove it from my report...

Anyone have any idea what I am doing wrong, or what additionally I need to do here to get it working???

Thanks

Jeremy. Received on Wed Jul 09 2008 - 12:27:30 CDT

Original text of this message