Re: Oracle support is sub-optimal

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2008 09:13:40 -0700 (PDT)

On Jul 7, 5:00 pm, ThanksButNo <no.no.tha..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jul 7, 10:20 am, joel garry <joel-ga..._at_home.com> wrote:
>
> > In the end, he got the job done, and I had a good support call
> > experience, if a bit slower than I would like, but with the proviso it
> > seemed in spite of the procedures, rather than because of them.
>
> You should probably contact the fellow's supervisor and let it be
> known that you really appreciate it when one their employees goes the
> extra mile. That could mean the difference between getting more
> support like that, or ...

There was some button like "do you want to nominate this guy for superhero of the year" or something in the feedback survey.

> > Then I opened an unrelated support call with another vendor last week,
> > and haven't heard back...
>
> ... or more like this.

Finally heard back from them. On one of two issues.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
Who wrote your filesystem?  http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/07/07/BAN011LDR8.DTL