Can you prevent commits from a client application?

From: dean <>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 10:55:48 -0700 (PDT)

10g. Is there any way to alter a session and prevent ANY commits (at least until a subsequent call to remove the alteration)? I'm using the following statement to prevent commits in any procedures (ALTER SESSION DISABLE COMMIT IN PROCEDURE), but I need a way to prevent accidental commits from within a client application.

The reason I would like this is to allow testers to be able to navigate around an application after a databridge has been run, and poke around here and there in various datagrids, without risk of them accidentally calling a function that has a commit in it.

Any thoughts appreciated. Received on Tue Jul 08 2008 - 12:55:48 CDT

Original text of this message