Re: Oracle support is sub-optimal

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Sat, 05 Jul 2008 09:45:47 -0700

sybrandb_at_hccnet.nl wrote:

> Too bad for you. On the other hand, probably Daniel shouldn't have
> posted this e-mail address in a public forum. Mr. Warhoe might receive
> much more similar requests in the future.
> I notice people have started to post 'SRs' at OTN, because 'Metalink
> is too slow'

David's job, at Oracle, is support evangelist. He is part of a forward facing group that speaks at OpenWorld, Collab, and conferences such as mine where he freely gives out his contact information. Slides from his past presentations are on the internet and they too contain it.

David's job is to identify unhappy support customers and get the problems, with support services, fixed so they don't happen again. He, and other members of his group who I know, all like hearing from customers who are having long-term issues with Oracle Support Services so they can address them.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
Oracle Ace Director & Instructor