Re: create database fatal error

From: Tommy Halsbrekk <tommy_at_dummy.no>
Date: Sat, 05 Jul 2008 08:34:30 +0100

Arch wrote:

> What you haven't posted is the reason why you choose to not use the
> Oracle DBCA in the first place.

I have not chosen anything, I have been asked to fix a legacy script that is part of the installation procedure of an internal system.

> Nor have you posted why, when Sybrand informed you that the script
> that you originally posted was way short of adequate space for SYSTEM,
> you posted a code snippet from some template script. What does one
> have to do with the other? Why did you not modify your original
> script? Where did you original script come from?

The script is my template script, not "some template". Its the command I issue to do the job, after a perlsscript has modified some variables in CAPITAL LETTERS. So if you compared the script I posted in the original post and in the later post you would see I have incrteased the size parameter, which I thought was the solution to the SYSTEM space problem.

Please check all posting I have made about the matter before you ask questions that are already answered (That is a general tip to anyone who uses usenet, there are far too many people who cant be bothered to read all posts, and get a complete picture of the discussion, before they reply)

Now, if tablespace size is the only problem left, I should be done quite quickly (if I get som help with my actual problem) otherwise I will have to consider how to proceed. The only problem is this needs to be finished in three weeks, and I just started my three week vacation.

regards

tommy Received on Sat Jul 05 2008 - 02:34:30 CDT

Original text of this message