Re: Oracle support is sub-optimal

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2008 12:20:14 -0700 (PDT)

On Jul 4, 12:48 pm, "gym dot scuba dot kennedy at gmail" <kenned..._at_verizon.net> wrote:
> I used to be a big fan of Oracle support.  When I had some very sticky
> situations they came through.  Now they have so segmented it that your
> Severity 1 SR is passed around non-stop.  Actually, it is with a lot of
> stops.  Each time they pass it around it takes at least 30 minutes for the
> next engineer to ask you yet again for the log files you already uploaded.
> If that engineer goes home then the SR languishes for over an hour in some
> queue.  (until you call up and bitch)  It shouldn't take over 12 hours for a
> Sev 1 SR to be resolved.  Most of the time has been spent waiting for the
> next engineer to read the notes and ask for more or more recent logs. (for a
> down system, they don't change much)
>
> Then if it is a "different issue" they open yet another SR.  I suspect that
> technique is to make their call resolution look good. (it is a different sr
> at that point)  They are shooting themselves in the foot.  Our company was
> purchased by another company with no Oracle experience and this will lead
> upper management to believe the Oracle prodcuts are "sub-optimal".
>
> Jim

It's been a long time ... very long time ... since I was actually happy with the quality of oracle support.

Hey stuff used to actually work on hpux and solaris platforms. Bugs that you experienced and then were fixed at certain patchsets actually stayed fixed.

If you listen to the puppet heads at Open World why everything is getting better ... much better ... and they are listening.

There's not really much of a choice is there?

Apparently they know that. Received on Fri Jul 04 2008 - 14:20:14 CDT

Original text of this message