What is "automated batching of data from computer to computer" in Named User License?

From: ErikYkema <erik.ykema_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2008 07:49:32 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,
I have Oracle Sales too, but if you could let your light shine on what the following line from the Named User Plus license means/implies, it is appreciated (http://www.oracle.com/corporate/pricing/eplext.pdf).

"Automated batching of data from computer to computer is permitted."

Our sales rep tries to convince us that what we may intend to build here, may not be in this class of "batching" and hence we may need the (more costly) CPU license.

Can you give an example of what is not in this class of "batching" and what is not?

Regards, Erik Received on Thu Jul 03 2008 - 09:49:32 CDT

Original text of this message