Re: using TFSSPUTL.SQL on Oracle 10

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 13:23:20 -0700 (PDT)

On Jul 2, 5:53 am, MikeHT <mike2..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> On the Oracle 10 DB:
> SHOW PARAMETER shared_pool_size;
> Is returning 0 because it is not set
>
> How to update script TFSSPUTL.SQL to get "Shared pool allocation
> (actual)"
> I tried replacing " select value into pool_size from v$parameter where
> name='shared_pool_size'; "
> with
> select sum(bytes) into pool_size from v$sgastat where pool='shared
> pool';
>
> But I get Percentage utilized for shared pool > 100
>
> Ideas to get an accurate pool_size in Oracle 10?
>
> Thank you

That script is for O7???

Please note that the docs explain a lot: http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14237/initparams197.htm#REFRN10202

select * from v$sgastat where pool like '%d poo%'; select sum(bytes) from v$sgastat where pool like '%d poo%'; SELECT * FROM V$SGASTAT
 WHERE NAME = 'free memory'
   AND POOL = 'shared pool';

I'm always forgetting the part about rounding it up to next granule size.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
Those darn hackers!  http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20080702/news_1b2atm.html