CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW ORA-01031

From: <max.fontain_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 09:24:58 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,
I am trying to run a long sql script that creates tables, triggers and procedures etc.
I ran the same script on 9i some time ago and it worked OK - but 10G barfs on CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW as follows:

DROP USER getreports CASCADE;

CREATE USER getreports IDENTIFIED BY getreports DEFAULT TABLESPACE getreports
TEMPORARY TABLESPACE getreports_TEMP
PROFILE DEFAULT ACCOUNT UNLOCK;
GRANT CONNECT TO getreports;
GRANT RESOURCE TO getreports;
GRANT SELECT_CATALOG_ROLE TO getreports; GRANT SELECT ANY TABLE TO getreports;
GRANT UNLIMITED TABLESPACE TO getreports;

CONNECT getreports/getreports

SQL> CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW REFERENCE_DATE AS   2 SELECT sysdate Ref_Date FROM dual;
CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW REFERENCE_DATE AS

                       *

ERROR at line 1:
ORA-01031: insufficient privileges

I suppose that some additional privileges for the getreports user are required.
Could someone help me out here?

TIA Max Received on Wed Jul 02 2008 - 11:24:58 CDT

Original text of this message