New Instance for Existing Database -- 10gR2 under Win Server 2003 64-bit

From: DavidClement <dclement_at_davidclement.org>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 07:24:58 -0700 (PDT)

I'm a Unix/Linux Oracle developer who needs to ask a Windows-oriented DBA question.

For testing purposes, one of the guys in this shop wants a new instance that will access existing database files. Working from home late at night, he copied all the files (control files, DBFs, and everything) and then blew away the instance and installed a new one. Now he wants a new instance that can mount the files that he copied.

If someone with Windows DBA knowledge could say to me, "Read Chapter nn of the XYZ Manual, you fool," that would be extremely helpful. I'm just not certain where to start. :-)

Thanks to all who've taken the time to read this post.

David Clement Received on Wed Jul 02 2008 - 09:24:58 CDT

Original text of this message