Re: Tuning tool

From: joel garry <>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 15:09:04 -0700 (PDT)

On Jun 30, 1:13 pm, Luting <> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I am using 10g. I want to test a few queries and have a look at the
> execution plan. But I cannot find where is the tool. The tuning tool
> seems only applicable to the most used queries in the database, but
> not any one.

If you are using the dbconsole and have the appropriate licenses, you can grab it there. There are a bunch of other options, most of which require reading the manuals. The SQL tuning overview chapter in the performance tuning guide is a good start. There is a faq: There are very good examples on

See for some other suggestions.

-- is bogus.
“The United States faces a threat from al-Qaeda today that is
comparable to what it faced on Sept. 11, 2001.” - Seth Jones