Re: Attach & detach tablespace

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 13:23:54 -0700

sjoshi23_at_yahoo.com wrote:
> Hello
>
> In SQLServer I detach from one server and then attach it to another
> server. Is something like this possible with Oracle ?
>
> thanks
> Sunit

"I detech from one server"? You do? Or a process does? Or a thread does? Or a tool does?

"then attach it?" What is it?

Strikes me that you haven't even bothered to read the docs and learn the relationship between schemas and storage in Oracle which is not the same as in SQL Server.

My recommendation would be that you start by reading the concept docs at http://tahiti.oracle.com. No doubt you also think you know the meaning of the words database, instance, cluster, and log file too (and I will bet you don't).

--
Daniel A. Morgan
Oracle Ace Director & Instructor