Re: DBA_PROCEDURES / DBA_TRIGGERS

From: <bierwaermer_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 07:31:32 -0700 (PDT)

On 27 Jun., 16:22, "Ana C. Dent" <anaced..._at_hotmail.com> wrote:
> bierwaer..._at_googlemail.com wrote in news:03dc7091-6022-48cc-bf28-
> 735744f12..._at_27g2000hsf.googlegroups.com:
>

> > On 26 Jun., 21:27, sybra..._at_hccnet.nl wrote:

> objects
>
> >> Why don't you use expdp/impdp?
> >> Can export anything, can import anything.
> >> Why write a script when the functionality exists?
>
> >> --
> >> Sybrand Bakker
> >> Senior Oracle DBA
>
> > We're aware of exp/imp functionality...
>
> > Our problem is: We are updating an application that has been extended
> > by my predecessor but he did not document which changes and/or
> > addition he had made.
> > So I was trying to find out which triggers, procs, packages, synonyms,
> > etc. have been created by him.
> > I did that by comparing all entries in DBA_TRIGGERS in the new schema
> > to the entries in DBA_TRIGGERS in the old schema:
> > SELECT trigger_name from DBA_TRIGGERS where owner ='old_schema' minus
> > SELECT trigger_name from DBA_TRIGGERS where owner ='new_schema';
> > That gave a list of triggers that we had to examine, whether they had
> > to be moved to the new schema.
> > We did that for all object types, but then we found the problem with
> > DBA_PROCEDURES showing only valid procs.
>
> > D.
>
> DBA_OBJECTS has a column named something like "LAST_DDL";
> which might provide a clue

Thanks for the advise, I'll try it.

Still, just out of curiosity, does anyone have a clue why DBA_TRIGGERS shows all triggers
whereas DBA_PROCEDURES shows only valid procs?

I tried to find the reason in the view definition but it escapes my eye :-(

D. Received on Fri Jun 27 2008 - 09:31:32 CDT

Original text of this message