Re: Any Oracle 11g for Solaris x86?

From: AGT <usenetpersongerryt_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 23:22:33 -0700

On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 13:50:53 -0700, DA Morgan wrote:

> AGT wrote:

>>> Sun as in the owner of MySQL? An Oracle competitor? That Sun? <g>

>> Youd have to ask "The Schwartz" [SpaceBalls] why he spent that 2
>> billion or whatever it was. But I doubt it was to compete with Oracle.
>> More like grab some of the Lie-nux pie. Exospherics like this mystify
>> me.. Anyway to not have an 11g port for x86 Solaris would be a
>> missed opportunity I think. Sun has some nice x86 hardware if
>> you like that sort of thing.

> No doubt there will be one. But the reality is that most Oracle on > Solaris is legacy. People buying new Sun hardware are moving to Linux.

Yes the 50,000,000 Elvis fans cant be wrong syndrome. I was in a conference call last year with a bunch of these retards. A most unpleasant experience.
The new Sun stuff is Linux "certified" - go for it if thats your thing. Me - Im probably buying a T2 server soon for my lab. Wouldnt touch Penguin OS with 10 meter pole. Even though its Sun supported on the T2 : > Received on Fri Jun 27 2008 - 01:22:33 CDT

Original text of this message