Re: DBA_PROCEDURES / DBA_TRIGGERS

From: <bierwaermer_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 23:18:43 -0700 (PDT)

On 26 Jun., 21:27, sybra..._at_hccnet.nl wrote:
> On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 09:33:02 -0700 (PDT), bierwaer..._at_googlemail.com
> wrote:
>
> >I'm asking this because we are preparing a script to move all objects
> >from one schema to another schema that contains already some objects
> >whereas we don't want to overwrite newer objects in the new schema
> >with older stuff from the old schema.
>
> Why don't you use expdp/impdp?
> Can export anything, can import anything.
> Why write a script when the functionality exists?
>
> --
> Sybrand Bakker
> Senior Oracle DBA

We're aware of exp/imp functionality...

Our problem is: We are updating an application that has been extended by my predecessor but he did not document which changes and/or addition he had made.
So I was trying to find out which triggers, procs, packages, synonyms, etc. have been created by him.
I did that by comparing all entries in DBA_TRIGGERS in the new schema to the entries in DBA_TRIGGERS in the old schema: SELECT trigger_name from DBA_TRIGGERS where owner ='old_schema' minus SELECT trigger_name from DBA_TRIGGERS where owner ='new_schema'; That gave a list of triggers that we had to examine, whether they had to be moved to the new schema.
We did that for all object types, but then we found the problem with DBA_PROCEDURES showing only valid procs.

D. Received on Fri Jun 27 2008 - 01:18:43 CDT

Original text of this message