sol 10 3 disks and 10G ASM

From: <max.fontain_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 05:03:00 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

Have a development box to get together. Later a production box will be provided. Idea is to craete a scalable solution for say 18 months worth of data say 400Gb, but initially on a oldish Sun 440 with 3 X 18 GB disks which migh hold 1--2 months data - it grows linearly. So anyway we have 3 disks, disk1 for Solaris 10 and reporting tool. disk2 and 3 for Oracle.
And I want to use ASM, unless someone explains there is a better way. So not quite sure how to do this. Should I install Oracle onto disk1 and then use ASM to manage the data on disk2 and 3. Any hints gratefully received!

Max. Received on Wed Jun 25 2008 - 07:03:00 CDT

Original text of this message