Re: Expired Certificate in OEM

From: Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 09:23:15 +0200

joel garry wrote:

> But that begs the question, shouldn't we be concerned about
> certificates that should be valid but aren't? The date is within
> range, after all.

Eh... missed the date thing (and don't see after a reread).

But yes, you should check certificates, hell, you should become *very* worried *not* seeing a certificate sometimes.

But all within perspective - this case is just not one of them - this certificate is for encryption only (which it should note), not for authentication purposes; that would be another matter.

--

Regards,
Frank van Bortel