Re: 10G Grid Control Agent Problem

From: Chuck Whealton <>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 18:22:06 -0700 (PDT)

On Jun 20, 7:37 am, Johne_uk <> wrote:
> Hi,
> I currently have a Windows 2003 Server running 10G Grid Control
> Release 4. This will be used to monitor 5 Solaris servers running
> Oracle 9208.
> I manually installed the management agent onto one of the solaris
> servers (thought it was easier than deploying as there are only 5
> agents required) and it registered successfully with the OMS showing
> all the appropriate targets (db, listener etc.).
> I repeated this exercise on the 2nd Solaris server and all appeared to
> install successfully. However, when I checked the OMS only the actual
> Solaris host was identified as a target - not the 9i db or listener.
> Therefore, I tried to manually add the 9i db as a target and this
> worked but unfortunately it still does not recognise the listener and
> there does not seem to be an option to add it manually.
> Therefore, rather than manually add components, I think I need to try
> and resolve why the agent didn't pick up the db / listener in the
> first place. I'm fairly new to grid control so any pointers in the
> right direction would be most appreciated.
> Best regards
> John

As "unscientific" as it sounds, I've had to mess with the EM Grid Control agents myself. Especially under HP-UX a couple of times. Have you tried stopping/restarting the agent? Forcing an upload? Is the dbsnmp account unlocked?

Charles R. Whealton
Charles Whealton @ Received on Tue Jun 24 2008 - 20:22:06 CDT

Original text of this message