Re: Compatible Parameter after Patching 10gR2

From: <>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 16:32:48 -0700 (PDT)

> It is possible where new features are introduced in a patch such as
> with 10.2 from 10.1 where leaving the compatible setting at the lower
> level that the new feature is disabled.

As far as I know there were no features introduced between and (minor patch release).

Also the Oracle docs ( server.102/b14237/initparams028.htm#sthref88) show the following for the 'compatible' parameter:

Default value          10.0.0
Range of values      9.2.0 to default release

This suggests to me that the general practice is to specify only 3 significant digits. That would mean that there is no difference between and

Matt Received on Tue Jun 24 2008 - 18:32:48 CDT

Original text of this message