Re: Identifying the MML used for a particular backup set

From: Steve Howard <>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 08:19:35 -0700 (PDT)

On Jun 20, 10:06 am, Chuck <> wrote:
> Is there any way to determine from the RMAN catalog what MML was used to
> create a backup set? We are in the process of switching from TDPO to Net
> Backup and have both sets of libraries installed. Some of my DBID's have
> changed over time due to RMAN duplications and this has caused some
> backup sets to be abandoned in the catalog. I'd like to come up with a
> way to correctly determine which libobk library I should be using to
> delete a particular backup set. TIA

Hi Chuck,

select distinct media,media_pool from gv$backup_piece;

That is a logical mapping as far as I know, at least in TSM's case. Check with your storage guys with whatever the above returns, and maybe they can shed some light.

HTH, Steve Received on Mon Jun 23 2008 - 10:19:35 CDT

Original text of this message