Re: Splitting Double Quoted String with Delimiters to Single Quoted character arrays.

From: <fitzjarrell_at_cox.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 06:09:13 -0700 (PDT)

On Jun 23, 5:21 am, vharicharan <Vharicha..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need to create a function that does the following.
>
> I/P is "LONDON,CHICAGO,SANFRANCISCO"
> O/P is 'LONDON','CHICAGO','SANFRANCISCO'
>
> This is the function that i require.
> The function must be able to run even with a select statement. and
> also with user defined parameters... like...
>
> join(assuming this is the name of the function)
>
> select join(select emp_name,emp_address from emp) from dual;
> or
> select join("ABCD,SAFSAFD,SDFSDFS") from dual;
>
> Please help me to attain the functionality....
> A very simplistic solution preferred.
>
> Please mail me the reply at vharicha..._at_gmail.com ....

What, exactly, have you written in an attempt to solve this problem? Show us your code and we'll see where you may possibly have gone wrong and offer suggestions.

To ask anyone to do your work for you is rude and inconsiderate. And to expect that 'request' to be acted upon in a positive light is arrogant.

David Fitzjarrell Received on Mon Jun 23 2008 - 08:09:13 CDT

Original text of this message