Re: dbms_stats.gather_schema_stats with the option gather_auto

From: <fitzjarrell_at_cox.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 06:01:52 -0700 (PDT)

Comments embedded.
On Jun 23, 7:17 am, michael.spo..._at_web.de wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is there a possibility to use the dbms_stats package on schema level
> to just see which tables would be affected by the gather_auto option?

Not without actually generating those statistics.

> I want first see which tables would be analyzed depending on the
> output I want to start the dbms_stats package for this schema, or
> maybe just for some less tables of this output.

Again, not without actually generating those statistics. GATHER_SCHEMA_STATS isn't a preprocessor to output which objects might be processed, it is a procedure to actually generate the statistics and report which objects were considered STALE or empty.

> Regards
>
> Michael

David Fitzjarrell Received on Mon Jun 23 2008 - 08:01:52 CDT

Original text of this message