Splitting Double Quoted String with Delimiters to Single Quoted character arrays.

From: vharicharan <Vharicharan_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 03:21:49 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I need to create a function that does the following.

I/P is "LONDON,CHICAGO,SANFRANCISCO"
O/P is 'LONDON','CHICAGO','SANFRANCISCO'

This is the function that i require.
The function must be able to run even with a select statement. and also with user defined parameters... like...

join(assuming this is the name of the function)

select join(select emp_name,emp_address from emp) from dual; or
select join("ABCD,SAFSAFD,SDFSDFS") from dual;

Please help me to attain the functionality.... A very simplistic solution preferred.

Please mail me the reply at vharicharan_at_gmail.com .... Received on Mon Jun 23 2008 - 05:21:49 CDT

Original text of this message