Re: Any Oracle 11g for Solaris x86?

From: Mladen Gogala <mgogala_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 20 Jun 2008 20:42:33 GMT

On Thu, 19 Jun 2008 15:39:28 +0000, John D Groenveld wrote:

> Fortunately for customers, many of Oracle's leading features aren't
> crucial to their projects so they can use IBM, Microsoft, Sybase and now
> Sun's offerings instead.

I am not sure that using MS SQL is a fortunate circumstance. Having had experience with MS SQL 6.5 (a long, long time ago), I am very sceptical toward MS SQL. Also, I have problems with MS SQL being available on MS Windows platforms only. If it was my decision, I would never entrust my database servers to Microsoft.

--
http://mgogala.freehostia.com