Re: Validating Flashback Database

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 11:35:54 -0700 (PDT)

On Jun 19, 7:25 pm, mc..._at_hotmail.com wrote:
> Anyone actually using flashback database out there....?  Or did I
> chose a boring topic..?
>
> Matt

A very interesting topic, actually. I personally don't have any experience with it, so I'm not qualified to comment. I certainly agree with the sentiment about looking at new features with a critical eye, but I wouldn't want to stop anyone from gaining experience with it. Just because a gazillion people have used something doesn't mean your particular configuration won't have issues, either.

I suspect the answer to #2 is that Oracle patches also include executable components, so you might have issues. Don't the patches have a documented unpatch?

My own view is paranoia isn't enough. Always have a way out when you are responsible for production upgrades, preferably so you can fix stuff before anyone notices you screwed up.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
"We were supposed to have 3 days of vendor demos, but so many pulled