Re: unregistering old dbid's from rman catalog

From: Chuck <chuckh1958_nospam_at_gmai..com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 13:58:12 GMT

rogergorden@....gmail.com wrote:

> SQL> execute dbms_rcvcat.unregisterdatabase(nnnnnnn, 4134200886);

Thanks. I was aware of that stored procedure but I thought that the 10g UNREGISTER DATABASE command rendered it obsolete. I'm trying to figure out why the command didn't work for me. I copied it verbatim from the manual.

FYI you can also get the dbid and dbkey from rman itself. Connect to the catalog and any target db and run "list incarnation of database dbname;". Received on Fri Jun 20 2008 - 08:58:12 CDT

Original text of this message