Re: Connect Solaris ldapclient to a Oracle internet directory

From: Chris Ridd <chrisridd_at_mac.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 15:07:26 +0100

On 2008-06-18 15:28:01 +0100, denis <Denis.Nicklas_at_googlemail.com> said:

> As far as I know the native Solaris ldap client doesn't have this
> commands.
> I found only:
> ldapadd ldapaddent ldapclient ldapdelete ldaplist
> ldapmodify ldapmodrdn ldapsearch

You should first test whether NSS is working against your Oracle directory - test using tools like id. The ldaplist tool is specific to NSS as well, and a useful test tool.

Once you're happy all that's working, *then* go and fight PAM. If memory serves, the objectclasses present on directory entries is important for pam_ldap.

Cheers,

Chris Received on Thu Jun 19 2008 - 09:07:26 CDT

Original text of this message