Re: Heteregenous connections client ==> oracle database ==> sqlserver

From: Shakespeare <whatsin_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 14:49:43 +0200

<chris.brown_at_providentinsurance.co.uk> schreef in bericht news:353d71dd-68f5-4e09-b96f-5b6afbfd21c5_at_d77g2000hsb.googlegroups.com...
>I am using 9i client to connect a 9i database 9.2.0.5 enterprise / 9i
> listener
>
> I have setup an ODBC connection to a sqlserver database on this server
>

> I can run the following code on the server
>
> select * from mi_v_agents_at_rdt ...where rdt is a link
>
> whenever I try and run from my client it fails / ORA-12154
>
> I am a bit confused as I can use the listener to connect to 9i
> oracle / but obviously not to the sqlserver database via the link .. I
> am thinking it is related to tnsnames files being used but I would
> have thought that I would be just using config on the server once I'd
> connected to the 9i database.
>
> From the documentation I've put what I thought were the correct
> entries in tnsnames.ora/listener.ora
> and in \hs\admin\initfile on the server
>
> Any suggestions on methods of diagnozing\tracing where I am failing
> would be appreciated
>
> cheers
> Chris B

Please post:
tnsnames.ora from the client
tnsnames.ora from the server
sqlnet.ora from the server

Do you connect to the Oracle database with the same account in both cases?

You could try select * from mi_v_agents_at_rdt.world

Shakespeare Received on Thu Jun 19 2008 - 07:49:43 CDT

Original text of this message