Re: Any Oracle 11g for Solaris x86?

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 15:07:04 -0700 (PDT)

On Jun 13, 4:56 am, "Mr. Chow Wing Siu" <wsc..._at_Comp.HKBU.Edu.HK> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I visit Oracle homepage. It doesn't include Oracle 11g
> for Solaris x86.  Would there be available later?
>
> Thank you for your attention.
>
> --
> Johnson Chow

Oracle's commitment to Solaris x86 whether 32 bit way back when or 64 bit is "not exactly" what one might consider promising if you need timely patchsets, fixes, new releases, etc.

It took them way too long to get the 10.2.0.3 patchset out for 64 bit ( only ) and guess what still no 10.2.0.4 even though I had "indications" from an oracle senior manager that they were very interested in getting future patchsets out on a more timely basis.

So no 10.2.0.4 "yet I guess" and no 11g releae "yet" ... makes everyone start wondering again.

Geez I was in the same room with Larry and Scott not long ago and there was this tremendous bonding going on and love and ... geez where did the time fly?

The WAG that John put out about maybe seeing it as 11.2 is not a bad guess. I second that but really wouldn't be shocked ( surprised yes ) if it just never comes out again. Received on Wed Jun 18 2008 - 17:07:04 CDT

Original text of this message